Hoverboarding has always been a fun activity, but its components can stop working at some point with time. Everything has its limit. So, Did your hoverboard stop functioning, and you are thinking of buying a new hoverboard? But wait and think for a moment! Instead of purchasing a new hoverboard, how about you substitute those parts that are not working correctly.
Buying a new hoverboard can cost you lots of money. Hence, you can easily replace the parts at home with easy steps and instructions. Are you new in this area? Well, rest assured! I will provide you with straightforward guidelines that will be very beneficial for you!
How to Replace Hoverboard’s Battery, Charging Port & Wheels?
Are you thinking of replacing the hoverboard’s battery, charging port, and wheels? Well, you are on the right track. Changing these parts is really simple, and you can easily do it in a short amount of time.
If your hoverboard doesn’t turn on after charging, then you need to replace your hoverboard’s battery quickly.
- First of all, get all the necessary tools and start unscrewing the eight screws present on the hoverboard’s body.
- Then, remove the lower case of the hoverboard. After that, you will see 4 screws around the battery frame.
- You need to disconnect the battery and unplug it from the part it is connected to.
- Now take the new battery and replace it with the old one. Start connecting it with all the necessary wires like the previous battery.
- Put the cage on the battery and attach all the 4 screws on the battery frame and start screwing it righty-tightly lefty-loosey, as people say. Make sure all the clamps are thoroughly connected.
- Put the hoverboard case back on your hoverboard and tighten all the remaining screws. Now your hoverboard is fully ready.
Hoverboard’s Charging Port
Hoverboards can quickly wear off if you are riding them daily. If you find that the charging port button is loose or the cable is missing, then you need to change your hoverboard’s charging port. With all the fun activities, you need to keep your hoverboard in good shape.
Following are the steps that help you to change the hoverboard charging port in a simple way:
- First of all, remove all the screws of the hoverboard with the help of a screwdriver. Also, make sure to buy the new charging port you will require to put in the hoverboard.
- Now you need to start disconnecting the cable of the port that goes to the mainboard. Do it very gently and carefully. If you see any hot glue around the connectors, you can either simply peel it off or scratch it with a knife.
- Now simply unplug the charging port connector from the mainboard. Also, start unscrewing the nuts that are connecting the port to the bottom of the hoverboard.
- With the help of the wrench, remove these nuts and remove the plug through the nut pair.
- After you get it off, you can easily slide the charging port through the shell. Then, slide the new charging port from the left of the shell, where the previous port was removed.
- After that, you need the old nut for the port to tighten it back to its place. Connect this new port back to a motherboard or mainboard. When you hear the “click,” it means the port is connected.
- After that, connect it back in the upper case and put the hoverboard case back to its original position. Put back all the screws and tighten them up. BOOM! Your hoverboard charging port is easily substituted within a short amount of time.
Replacing Hoverboard’s Wheels
Though hoverboards are highly durable, their wheels can quickly wear off due to poor maintenance or riding on uneven terrains. In this case, you need to replace wheels that give you incredible production with durable motors embedded in them. Changing this part of the hoverboard is really quick and only takes 15-20 minutes. Let’s check out these straightforward steps.
- With the help of a Philip screwdriver or manual screwdriver, remove all the screws present on the panel. It will take some time to remove these screws as they are tightly screwed.
- Also, make sure the hoverboard is turned off while you are doing this operation. While you will remove the upper case of the hoverboard, you will see lots of cables. Make sure to disconnect all of them.
- Disconnecting these wires might be difficult, hence make sure to disconnect all of the cables carefully. Now you need to remove the screws that are attaching the gyroscope present beside the wheel. Put this sensor aside.
- Now take the Allen wrench and remove the four 6mm black nuts on the motor. Also, make sure to remove all the cables ( 3 and 5 plug cables) connected with a motor.
- After that, remove that little metal plate and set it aside. Your wheel is now perfectly freed from its base. Bring the new wheel that perfectly fits the required model. Place the new wheel in the slot and repeat all the steps mentioned above in reverse order.
- Put the iron plate back to its original position and tighten it up with those 4 nuts. Re-connect all the cables that were disconnected. Also, put back the sensor to its previous position. Put the screws back and tighten it up.
- After that, you need to put the upper case back and connect all the cables of the lower shell with the mainboard. Finally, screw back all the screws on the panel and tighten them with the Philip screwdriver. Your hoverboard wheels are all set now!
Related Hoverboard Guides: Resetting Jetson Hoverboard | How to make your hoverboard’s battery last longer
Overall, hoverboards can wear and tear down quickly with time. But don’t worry. You can easily replace a hoverboard’s essential components at home by simply following the guidelines mentioned above. Moreover, these steps are straightforward, and it also helps you in saving a lot of money. Now you do not need to go to a repair shop anymore.
Get your tools and replace these parts by yourself with some fun and easy steps!!